Many reports and maps showing the evolution of land cover, natural capital and ecosystem services in the Guyana Shield are now available.
As of February 27th, all of the data and results collected by the ECOSEO (Ecosystem services observatory of the Guiana Shield) Project have become available online on two distinct spaces:
A web page where a summary of the regional context, key information about the project and the actions of ECOSEO can be found, and all the reports produced in the scope of the project can be downloaded, such as:
- The ECOSEO Project booklet
- Mapping land use land cover change from 2000 to 2015 in Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana and Amapá
- Monitoring the impact of gold mining on the forest cover and freshwater in the Guiana Shield from 2001 to 2018
- Ecosystem natural capital accounting in the Guiana Shield in 2000 and 2015
- Mapping and assessment of ecosystem services in French Guiana and Suriname
- Ecosystem services in the Maroni basin and overview of its uses by the local communities
A web mapping platform , to visualize the main data produced by the project for Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana and the Amapá State of Brazil. Such maps include:
- Gold mining impacts on forest cover and freshwater up to 2018 ;
- Land use and land cover in 2001, 2015 and changes ;
- Natural capital, as assessed by the Ecosystem Natural Capital Account (ENCA) methodology.